Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Special

New Year Special - We're doing spring cleaning early. I'm not a believer in selling digital files of photos. Fauxtographers have cheapened the industry by creating sloppy images, calling them "professional" by charging high session fees, and virtually giving the images away on CD.

However, I really need to clear out my archives. I have boxes and boxes covering one wall of a climate-controlled storage unit, plus a couple of boxes in my office and 6 external harddrives. I should be selling these for files for several hundred dollars per CD or DVD, or for a per image price of $40 or $50 or more. This is my art. I've spent many years studying, honing my craft, and creating the best images I possibly could.

So, here's the deal:
You can purchase your negatives or digital files for just $20 per session; $50 maximum for multiple sessions. Some people have been repeat customers over the years with senior portraits, weddings, family portraits, etc.

This will include a copyright release, so if you ever need reprints, you can get them. You could select files you want printed, bring them to me, and I will get them printed for you at my cost. Or you can take them to a lab to be printed. I'll include the name of a couple of labs that do professional quality work, but also serve the general public. I do hope you will not take them to any one hour lab, quick print place or print them yourself. There really is a difference in quality. My work deserves a better quality printing, and you deserve a better quality finished print.

No comments:

Post a Comment